Our company is looking for a talented Analyst to join our dynamic hospitality team. You will perform a range of duties including negotiating contract terms, preparing contracts, evaluating bids, and researching current regulations. Ideal contract specialists should enjoy drafting and editing contracts, demonstrating excellent attention to detail abilities. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract agreements, and legal terminology.
Founded in 2013 with the goal of approaching consulting in a new and nimble manner, DayBlink was created to stand apart from competitors. We work differently through a hybrid model, which includes venture capital and philanthropic service. With this design, we encourage our team to approach problem solving with an entrepreneurial mindset to further enhance the core problem solving and critical thinking found in traditional consulting models. As a small business, each member of the firm has a hand in fortifying the organization with their individual perspectives and strengths.
We’re growing and seeking a talented Account Executive to join our dynamic luxury boutique hospitality team in one of our DayBlink Venture portfolio accounts, DayBlink GPO. Though you’ll be dedicated to this one company, employment will be made through one of our portfolio companies, BearUp.
In this role, Account Managers / Analysts will support boutique luxury hoteliers around the world, while reporting directly to DayBlink GPO’s leadership. Exceptional individuals who are eager to build their experience in strategic sourcing and business development, who are seeking firsthand experience to build a company from ground zero are encouraged to apply.
You are a key contributor, trusted by leadership to take on significant start-up activities and research initiatives along with business development and account management on diverse client accounts. You enjoy engaging directly with and supporting independent luxury hotel owners, General Managers and other hotel executives around the world to support their strategic sourcing needs. You’re knowledgeable and passionate about driving our clients’ 5 star luxury guest experiences and their exceptional financial performance.
Your relevant skills in consulting and business development, exceptional business acumen, and knowledge of the hospitality industry and emergent trends have propelled your success in school or prior employment. You are an enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative while acting as a collaborative team player who easily interacts with senior management.
You enjoy working in a team environment, helping others, traveling the world, embracing the world of luxury, and building long term relationships.
Here’s what we expect from our DayBlink GPO Account Managers / Analysts:
- Identify and research potential new luxury boutique hotels
- Develop and maintain client relationships at existing hotel clients
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders
- Monitor post-contract implementation to ensure contracts are executed as agreed
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data
- Create and implement processes and policies to support the overall business
- Track, identify and add qualified prospects to sales pipeline
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships to grow our portfolio of hotels
- Track and report on the status of proposal components
- Drive the end-to-end sales process, preparing and submitting sales contracts
- Summarize call notes and gather information from industry experts, enter deals into CRM and assist in driving sales
- Contribute to project teams as an active member, with an emphasis on creating high-quality deliverable
- Prepare and present clear, high-quality presentations, reports, and other documents in an engaging and effective manner as required
- Articulate recommendations to senior client executives and senior management
- Establish and maintain your personal brand identity in a particular industry, skill set or knowledge base
- Establish immediate credibility with clients and within the firm, building consensus and achieving goals in a collaborative fashion
- Consistently strive for individual development opportunities through external and internal projects
- Ability to resolve client complaints and concerns in a professional and timely manner
An ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to quality, strict attention to detail, and entrepreneurialism
- Collaborative work style
- Comfort with autonomy and a work environment that requires you to hold yourself accountable
- Composure under normal and high-pressure circumstances
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and deliver high quality presentation documents independently and with minimal review
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience participating effectively in a team environment and building internal and external relationships
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and technical concepts
- Ability to seek innovative and creative solutions to complex technical/business problems
- Willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as needed, including management consulting engagements and initiatives if required
- Proficiency in MS Office package (Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel)
- Proficiency in G-Suite package (Google Slides and Sheets)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills
- Proven work ethic and comfort with significant workload
- Ability to travel up to 80% when deemed essential
Preference Will Be Given To Candidates Who Have:
- Track record of excellence (promoted early, recognized for their achievements, and can provide quality samples of past work)
- Educated or experienced in the hospitality industry
- Fluency in one or more preferred: French, Italian, Spanish
- 1-3 year post-undergrad professional experience
- Location: DC Metro Area preferred, potential for fully remote work for candidates near major metropolitan airports
- Competitive Hourly Compensation, with lucrative Sale Bonus Plan
- Potential to convert to full-time role
DayBlink is an innovative boutique professional services firm with headquarters in the Washington, DC Metro area. Our disruptive vision combines venture capital and philanthropy. We are a firm of talented and entrepreneurial professionals with experience from varying backgrounds dedicated to solving our clients’ problems in a more effective and strategic manner. DayBlink is an inclusive and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We have been recognized nationally for our company culture, our employee satisfaction, and the quality of our work in publications such as the Vault 50 and Inc. 50